Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
Department or Director(s): Shared Services Center
Location: New York City
Bargaining Unit: OPEIU- Local 153
Reports to: SSC Lead
Perform Shared Service Center (SSC) and Service Level Assignment (SLA) bookkeeping functions.
Bookkeeping Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Perform bookkeeping responsibilities for multiple Participating Affiliates according to each unique SSA and in compliance with UNITE HERE International Union legal and ethical practices and standards
• Maintain general ledger, create disbursements, record receipts and deposits, create financial files, reconcile bank statements, prepare financial reports, create reports for and provide information to auditors and accountants
• Performs related tasks and projects as assigned
• College Degree or formal or on-the-job training in bookkeeping practices. May include business school, vocational school or college courses
• Good communication skills
• Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office especially Excel, Word and Outlook
• 2-3 years experience in bookkeeping
• Ability to perform detail work with speed and accuracy
• Ability to organize multiple work projects effectively for on-time completion
• Ability to work independently
• Good keyboarding, ability to enter data accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic and logical manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Interest in the mission of UNITE HERE
Please submit a resume to email@example.com with the job title that you’re applying for on the subject line.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.