User Support and Technical Specialist
At UNITE HERE, we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to support hospitality workers and are constantly working to strengthen our technology and data programs. Our support staff works to make the projects of the Union possible through data and technology support and training. If you are interested in learning the behind the scenes work that makes a Union run and enjoy training and problem solving, you will love working with us.
OUR TEAM: UNITE HERE’s Support and Training Center supports contract fights, strikes, new organizing campaigns, political campaigns and the day-to-day operations of a thriving and growing labor union. We work closely with Organizing, Membership, Communications and IT departments and are dedicated to training our staff to be self-sufficient with UNITEHERE’s strategic resources – the applications, tools, data and technology that further our mission. We work in person with local union staff where we live and support many other locals and staff remotely. There are opportunities for travel when campaigns require additional support. You will be trained and supported by an experienced member of the Support and Training Center and will work closely with a growing team of Organizing and Membership staff around the U.S. and Canada.
OUR UNION: UNITE HERE is a progressive labor union, dedicated to organizing the unorganized and lifting workplace standards in hotels, casinos, airports, and cafeterias across the United States and Canada. You will be part of a team that empowers workers - primarily women and people of color - in low-wage service sector jobs to achieve better wages, benefits, dignity, and rights at work.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Learn how to use UNITE HERE’s applications, tools, and technology on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate, analyze, interpret and track requests from users at local unions, and users in UNITE HERE IU Departments to support learning and use of the strategic resources UNITE HERE provides.
- Work with users to adopt technologies and applications and to use them effectively, including providing ongoing support to the assigned users in the daily use of the applications, tools, and technology.
- Perform remote troubleshooting / discuss support requests through diagnostic techniques, as needed.
- Produce, revise, and maintain all necessary training materials.
- Act as a liaison between users and technical resources in IT or our Applications, Outreach and Training Department, if unable to resolve work requests.
- Update appropriate database used to track work request calls and dispositions.
- Develop ability to deliver a wide range of training workshops on UNITE HERE’s applications, tools, and technology as needed
- Generate reports using a wide variety of applications.
- Assist in the implementation and deployment of new applications, tools, and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand the users’ requirements, clarify requests, and transcribe them into writing.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new technology, programs, and procedures.
- Experience in resolving issues impeding the adoption of technology.
- Ability to create a manual or quick guide is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours during times of critical campaign need.
- Frequent travel over weekends and overnight stays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- iMis or any global membership software/database experience is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Willingness to engage in the activities of and enthusiastic about being part of an organization that improves the lives and well-being of more than 270,000 hardworking individuals.
- Dedication to social and economic justice and to building a strong labor movement.
Salary: $62,400 annual. UNITE HERE offers exceptional benefits, including family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage with no employee premiums, retirement funds (401k and pension), and generous paid time off.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.