Join us and use your research skills to support hospitality workers fighting for economic justice!
Our customer research team harnesses consumer power in hotels and casinos to win economic justice for low wage, primarily immigrant hospitality workers. Our campaigns organize non-union workers and secure improved standards for existing union members in the hospitality and gaming industries.
The Customer Researcher will support an active campaign for the length of that campaign.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Research hotel customers using a wide variety of sources, including on-line and worker sources.
- Compile and maintain a list of upcoming conferences at dozens of hotels across the US and Canada.
- Obtain contact information for event planners and attendees using public internet sources.
- Format data for various internal uses, including integration with our internal database.
- Attend daily team meetings for campaign updates and progress reports.
Desired Qualifications include:
- Passion for, and commitment to, fighting for workers' rights
- Relevant research and/or activist experience (labor, political, urban planning, or community/campus)
- Experience with Excel, database, and word processing software
- Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours
- Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities and deadlines
Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
UNITE HERE offers exceptional benefits, including family medical and prescription coverage with no employee premiums and generous paid time off.
Offices are currently open; occasional hybrid work accommodations are available depending on circumstances.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.