Senior Data Organizer
The Senior Data Organizer will work closely with Data Organizers, union Organizers and members within a local union on data management and analysis that will strengthen organizing campaigns. Train local staff and Data Organizers on data management and analysis. Work with Lead Data Organizer and other Data Organizers across the country to share skills and tactics.
UNITE HERE is a labor union leading the fight to organize hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers in hospitality jobs throughout North America. Our 300,000-member union is at the forefront of battles for workers' rights, immigration reform, living wages, and quality jobs in many cities throughout North America. We are mostly women and people of color, hailing from all corners of the planet. Without a union, people who cook and clean for a living often live in poverty, but with UNITE HERE, housekeepers, cooks and servers fight for and win middle-class wages and top-notch healthcare, along with dignity and respect on the job. (www.unitehere.org)
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Support and execute data entry and analysis across the lifespan of a campaign, and over multiple campaigns at once.
• Analyze database in search of insights for the organizing, and communicate findings to relevant staff.
• Create and produce reports on organizing metrics, such as number of members contacted, based on the needs of the particular campaign and the data available.
• Compile disparate data sets into meaningful forms such Pivot Tables or integrated lists.
• Develop and implement along with appropriate staff systematize processes that improve data quality.
• Oversee the work of other Data Organizers as assigned.
• Train local union staff and data organizers on use of database software, Excel, and other tools.
• Assess software needs and set goals for planned software transition.
• Assist local union in any other activities to support organizing campaigns as needed.
• Two years of campaign-based data work.
• Skilled in building relationships and working with others, especially organizers, to achieve goals.
• Ability to develop and proof training materials and documentation of processes.
• Experience leading collaborative projects.
• Must possess the ability to work independently and multi-task.
• Must possess good presentation skills and demonstrated ability to teach others.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; at least basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and willingness to learn more.
• Experience with CRM databases required.
• Dedication to social and economic justice and to building a strong labor movement.
• Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours during times of critical campaign need. Driver’s license and willingness to drive.
• Ability and willingness to travel including overnight stays, and relocate as campaign needs change.
• Bi-lingual Spanish / English preferred.
Salary range $49,000 - $55,000.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.