Local 23 Bookkeeper
Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
UNITE HERE Local 23 is a growing local union with a diverse membership working in hospitality positions in food production, hotel, and airport jobs. We are seeking an experienced Administrator for our local union chapter in Atlanta.
Local 23 is a UNITE HERE affiliate representing hospitality workers in over 12 states including the District of Columbia. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/UniteHereLocal23/
UNITE HERE is a progressive labor union, fighting for dignity, living wages and affordable health care for low wage hospitality workers. Our 270,000 members work primarily in hotels, food service, casinos and gaming. Through organizing and winning good contracts, UNITE HERE members have made hundreds of thousands of traditionally low-wage jobs into good, family-sustaining, middle class jobs. UNITE HERE boasts a diverse membership - largely Latino and Asian immigrants and African Americans – with a majority being women. www.unitehere.org
Bookkeeping Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Perform bookkeeping responsibilities in compliance with Unite Here Local 23 legal and ethical practices and standards.
• Maintain general ledger
• Create disbursements
• Record receipts and deposits
• Create financial files
• Reconcile bank statements and prepare financial reports
• Create reports for and provide information to auditors and accountants
• Process weekly payroll
• Performs related tasks and projects as assigned
• College Degree
• Good communication skills
• Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office especially Excel, Word and Outlook
• 2-3 years’ experience in Bookkeeping
• Ability to perform detail work with speed and accuracy
• Ability to organize multiple work projects effectively for on-time completion
• Ability to work independently
• Good keyboarding, ability to enter data accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic and logical manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Interest in the mission of UNITE HERE
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is $725/week and includes excellent health and retirement benefits.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.