Technology Impact Analyst
Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
Technology Impact Analysts will conduct research into the ways existing and pending technologies impact the food service, gaming and hotel sectors, and particularly, how it impacts our members. Our analysts also support the union’s technology bargaining with major hospitality employers and help with training our members to be better able to use and take advantage of new technology.
Technology and Automation is changing the nature of work. Through active engagement with companies, innovators, academics, politicians and other stakeholders, UNITE HERE is committed to ensuring that technological innovations improve the work of our members.
UNITE HERE is the union leading the fight to organize hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers in hotels, casinos, institutional cafeterias and airport concessions throughout North America. Our union has 300,000 members, predominantly women and people of color, and is at the forefront of battles for workers' rights, immigration reform, living wages, and quality jobs in many cities throughout North America. (www.unitehere.org)
Job responsibilities will include:
• Research companies and technologies using a wide variety of sources, including published databases, on-line and Internet sources
• Develop expertise and stay up to date on emerging innovation across UNITE HERE sectors
• Support the union’s technology bargaining with analysis of employer technology proposals, how they will affect existing UNITE HERE members’ jobs and whether they will create new jobs
• Support the union’s efforts to build relationships with a wide variety of players including community organizations, company officials, customers, government staff and elected leaders
Desired Qualifications include:
• Passion for, and a commitment to, fighting for workers' rights and/or a history of activism
• BA/ BS degree (preferably in math or science) or relevant research and/or activist experience (labor, political, urban planning, or community/campus)
• Strong analytical, writing, computer and interpersonal/organizing skills
• Willingness to travel, to work long and sometimes irregular hours, and relocate as necessary
• Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities and deadlines
• Reliable car and driver’s license
TO APPLY: Use link below. Please be prepared to upload your resume, cover letter, and three references.
Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Positions include excellent health and retirement benefits.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.