Department or Director(s): Finance
Location: General Office
Bargaining Unit: OPEIU- Local 153
Reports to: Supervisor
Salary: $46,000 for 35/hrs a week (working over 7 hours a day will be paid as overtime)
Benefits: Excellent benefits most of which are free including a pension plan, as well as a generous PTO plan.
Accountant is responsible for fundamental accounting functions in areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Receipts, Payroll and Financial Reporting in accordance with accounting regulations and policies of the International Union. Under minimal supervision, performs a wide variety of highly responsible duties. In addition, performs bookkeeper duties when necessary.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Perform high level review and / or analysis with any or all the following: cash receipts and disbursements, general ledger, general journal, allocations and distributions, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll activities.
• Assist with government reporting and audits, i.e. IRS 990s, DOL LM-2 and other external reporting.
• Engage leadership regarding accounting issues.
• Research, analyze and reconcile accounting information, prepare financial statements and reports.
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains financial data security by following internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Assist in the monthly closing procedures.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
• 4-5 years of experience in Accounting in areas of Receivables, Receipts, Payables, Financial Statements and Government reporting.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially with Excel, Word and Outlook, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
• Proficient in Sage MIP.
• Have good knowledge working with other accounting programs.
• Good communication skills.
• Bilingual (Spanish / English) preferred.
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member.
Please send all resumes with the job title on the subject line to email@example.com
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.