Sr. Technical Specialist
Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
Department or Director(s): Information Technology
Location: Orlando, Florida
Bargaining Unit: UUHS – Level 2
Reports to: Technology Director
Under the general direction of the Technology Director, the Sr. Technical Specialist provides technical and educational support to UNITE HERE’s on-site and remote PC and Mac users to answer questions, resolve issues, and increase end user productivity with minimal downtime.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone.
• Responds to, updates, and completes trouble tickets in system used to track request calls and dispositions.
• Provides ongoing support to PC and Mac users in the daily use of the systems implemented, including, but not limited to: training users, answering questions, and suggesting methods to increase user productivity.
• Escalates issues and acts as a liaison between users and appropriate upper tier support technician if unable to resolve requests.
• Evaluates and analyzes requests for computer hardware and software to be purchased and/or added to one of UNITE HERE’s local area networks. Orders equipment and/or related supplies on behalf of end users.
• When time permits, assists in the implementation of database applications. Implementation phases include systems design, development and modification, testing, documentation, training and post implementation review.
• Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms and provide troubleshooting for remote staff.
• Maintain and monitor internal/external assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
• Education or equivalent experience: BS in Computer Science/Information Technology/Network Engineering/CIT/Computer Engineering/Systems Engineering, Apple Certified iOS Technician, and work experience troubleshooting PCs and MACs in a high-pressured office environment.
• Specialized knowledge or skills: Extensive knowledge of networks, hardware, printers, MS software, applications, and operating systems, cloud computing, and IT Service Management (ITSM).
• Additional qualifications: Interested in improving productivity with computers; excellent hardware and software troubleshooting, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Required attributes: Excellent communication skills. Must be able to listen, understand, and speak with clarity to figure out the problem and to be able to explain the solution, if necessary.
• Enthusiastic about being part of an organization that improves the lives and well-being for more than 270,000 hardworking individuals.
• Overnight travel is required: Approx. 20%
• Driver license required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
• Union experience preferred.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Can communicate clearly and effectively with business end-us
Please submit a resume with the job title that you're applying for on the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.