Union Materials Coordinator
Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
Department or Director(s): Communications
Location: New York
Bargaining Unit: OPEIU- Local 153
Reports to: NYC Administrative Director
• Collaborates with UNITE HERE staff, Production Coordinator, Communications Director, print operator, graphic designers, and outside vendors to ensure projects are delivered to client’s satisfaction;
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Creates and maintains strong relationships with outside vendors;
• Ensure that each stage of a merchandise order moves toward completion in a timely manner by sourcing union-made products, collecting price quotes and artwork mock-ups, monitoring production status, assisting with change requests, resolving discrepancies, creating invoices and submitting invoices for payment;
• Collects all necessary materials and prepares supporting documents for designers and vendors;
• Processes and tracks internal and external billing via Concur and QuickBooks;
• Keeps departmental assets organized and maintains archives in Box;
• Maintains inventory, creates/processes purchase orders, performs monthly inventory audits;
• Creates and updates catalog regularly;
• Performs other production-related duties such as sort incoming mail, process outgoing mail through mail meter with appropriate accounting codes, prepare packages for shipping via UPS, receive incoming packages, notify recipients of expected delivery;
• Develops distribution plans for large, multi-city requests and monitors progress;
• Assists with print production and mailing operations as assigned.
• Performs related tasks and projects as assigned
• 2-3 years’ experience relevant work experience.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment;
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• Working knowledge and understanding of QuickBooks (billing, purchase orders, inventory, generating reports) Concur, and Microsoft Office suite;
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Union experience or commitment to social justice movement preferred
• Familiarity with print production (pre-press, digital press operation, bulk mail software).
• Experience using Box, BMC Footprints or similar project management/ticketing software as well as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop preferred.
• Project management skills preferred.
Please email your resume and add the job title on the subject line to email@example.com.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.