Receptionist-Administrative Assistant - UNITE HERE Local 19
Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
UNITE HERE Local 19 represents over 4,500 Union members in Silicon Valley, Yosemite, Coarsegold, Fresno, Visalia, and San Luis Obispo. We are a growing private sector local union that represents workers in hotels, sports arenas, convention centers, airports, restaurants, and cafeterias.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Perform general administrative duties, including answering phone calls and emails, filing.
- Greet all visitors, direct them to the appropriate person, take messages and generally respond to their needs.
- Data entry: record new members, manage referral list, etc.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and do all general office copying.
- Conduct assigned work from the Office Manager.
- Receive payments from the members by cash, check or card.
- Manage the list of member work referrals.
- Help other office staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience at working independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team to complete assignments.
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing documents.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; must work well with others.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and references, along with cover letter, to Ana Reyes at email@example.com
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.