Shared Services Center Lead
At UNITE HERE, we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to support hospitality workers. Our financial and administrative teams based in New York are dedicated professionals with a strong commitment to our mission. If you are a creative problem-solver interested in learning more about non-profit and labor union financials, who can both manage routine operations and try new things in a fast-moving organization, you will love working with us.
Summary: Take the lead in managing the Shared Service Center services provided to a group of Participating Affiliates (PA). Ensure the Shared Services Center is fulfilling its roles and responsibilities according to the Shared Services Agreement (SSA) providing high quality and timely results. Guide Participating Affiliates to develop best administrative practices within the scope of the SSA. Develop Shared Services Center staff through training and mentoring. Manage the workflow of Shared Services Center Membership Records Processors, which may include Bargaining Unit List Data Processors and Employer Follow Through processes; in addition to Bookkeepers that may include receipts, disbursements, payroll, and monthly financials. Perform quality control assessments of work. Advise Director and Deputy Director of work performance issues. Document unique practices, methods and procedures of Participating Affiliates. Perform Shared Services Center (SSC) bookkeeping and membership record functions as needed.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure the SSC provides high quality and timely services to PAs within the scope of the SSA.
- Be familiar with each PA’s Bylaws, with pertinent sections of the UNITE HERE Constitution and with each PA’s unique practices.
- Document unique procedures of each PA and train staff to follow procedures.
- Train staff to understand and fulfill SSC responsibilities according to the SSA and the Practices of the Participating Affiliate.
- Audit membership records using a variety of reports and methods such as batch audits and compliance reports.
- Review financial records and reports for accuracy and compliance with UNITE HERE standards.
- Guide PAs to establish best practice membership record maintenance routines.
- Be the principal Lead for one or more SSC staff members and PAs.
- Prepare, update and execute Shared Services Agreements for each Participating Affiliate.
- Ensure files are complete and accurate and maintained according to SSC protocol. Audit files.
- Alert the Director and Deputy Director of staffing issues.
- Maintain high standard of work ethics and attendance.
- Review accounts receivable report for collection actions that may be required.
- Perform specialized Membership Record and Bookkeeping tasks that require an understanding of and experience with the administration of local unions.
- Perform related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Review and approve time in Bill Quick; if needed adjust hours for invoicing.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience as an administrator in one or more local unions or in the Shared Services Center or equivalent education and experience. Understanding the structure and operation of all aspects of a local union is preferred.
- Knowledge of maintaining local union financial records preferred.
- Knowledge of membership record maintenance preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new systems and software.
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to Lead staff, to work independently and on a team.
- Analytical skills
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Interest in the mission of UNITE HERE.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.