Jobs at UNITE HERE
Union Organizer - Local 7
Objective: To identify, recruit, develop and train worker leaders; build active worker organizing committees; work with local union team to win representation and contract fights; help to build a movement of workers in the Baltimore region.
- Work with and be part of the UNITE HERE Local 7 leadership team to:
- Build relationship with non-union workers through one on one communication;
- Build and maintain worker committees;
- Organize and help to lead worker committee meetings;
- Help to organize and run large actions such as picket lines and civil disobedience; and
- Perform administrative tasks necessary for worker organizing such as maintaining database, producing materials and correspondence.
- Dedication to building a strong vibrant labor movement.
- Experience in organizing others, building unity among diverse groups and mobilizing others to take action.
- Ability to carry out goals and meet timetables while demonstrating a high level of proven leadership and independent judgment within the context of an overall plan and structure.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to work with team of leaders and organizers to build the movement in Maryland.
- Organizational and administrative skills as well as basic computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and own car.
How to Apply:
Fill out an online application here: jobs.unitehere.org/organizerapp.php