Jobs and Internships at UNITE HERE
Union Organizer - Local 7
Objective: To identify, recruit, develop and train worker leaders; build active worker organizing committees; work with local union team to win representation and contract fights; help to build a movement of workers in the Baltimore region.
Our union is at the forefront of battles for workers’ rights, immigration reform, living wages, Black Lives Matter and quality jobs in many cities throughout North America. UNITE HERE needs talented organizers to join in the struggle to organize the unorganized in these industries. If you are interested, we urge you to apply!
- Work with and be part of the UNITE HERE Local 7 leadership team to:
- Build relationship with non-union workers through one on one communication;
- Build and maintain worker committees;
- Organize and help to lead worker committee meetings;
- Help to organize and run large actions such as picket lines and civil disobedience; and
- Perform administrative tasks necessary for worker organizing such as maintaining database, producing materials and correspondence.
- Dedication to building a strong vibrant labor movement.
- Experience in organizing others, building unity among diverse groups and mobilizing others to take action.
- Ability to carry out goals and meet timetables while demonstrating a high level of proven leadership and independent judgment within the context of an overall plan and structure.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to work with team of leaders and organizers to build the movement in Maryland.
- Organizational and administrative skills as well as basic computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and own car.
How to Apply:
Fill out an online application here: jobs.unitehere.org/organizerapp.php