Confidential Administrative Assistant
Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
UNITE HERE seeks a dynamic Confidential Administrative Assistant to work with our International Union and Local Union teams to execute and modernize our routine operations. In this role, you will leverage your expertise in administrative support to maintain state-of-the-art systems that serve hospitality workers and ensure compliance with all UNITE HERE policies and governmental oversight.
At UNITE HERE, we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to organize and support hospitality workers in the United States and Canada. Our administrative teams are dedicated professionals with a strong commitment to improving the lives of working people. If you are a creative problem-solver interested in learning more about non-profit and labor union administration, who can manage routine operations and try new things in a fast-moving organization, you will love working with us. (www.unitehere.org)
As a Confidential Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Organize and schedule meetings
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis and hotel rooms
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, e-mails and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Monitor and order office supplies
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Take dictation and generate memos and letters
- Handle multiple projects at the same time
- Track membership cards and upload them onto a secure server
- Monitor office equipment and arrange for outside vendors to meet maintenance schedules.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, word processing, copying, binding and scanning.
- Write e-mails on behalf of the President and other officers
- Handle sensitive materials in a discreet manner, especially members’ disciplinary records and membership information
- Set-up and maintain computer filing systems
- Coordinate office procedures
- Maintain up-to-date employee records
- Work professionally with other Admin Assistants at the Philadelphia School District
- Update social media
- Be a team player who is interested in the work of the union
- Provide general support to Union members
- Participate in Union actions when necessary
- Occasionally work nights and weekends
Candidates for this position must have:
- Demonstrated administrative experience (at least 5 years of experience in an office environment)
- General knowledge of office systems and procedures
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Word Office
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to do basic math calculations
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- Interest in and/or connection to the UNITE HERE mission
- Spanish language skills
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience
Benefits: UNITE HERE offers a comprehensive benefits package (valued at $46,400 for family coverage) and employee pays $0 in premium. Benefits include family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, retirement funds (401k and defined benefit pension), and generous paid time off. UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.