The QuickBooks Coordinator is a critical member of our Shared Services Center team, working closely with team leadership to maintain and improve the quality of financial and QuickBooks records, as well as assisting the Director with training and team coordination. At UNITE HERE, we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to support hospitality workers in the United States and Canada. Our New York City-based financial and administrative teams are dedicated professionals with a strong commitment to improving the lives of working people. If you are a creative problem-solver interested in learning more about non-profit and labor union financials, who can manage routine operations and try new things in a fast-moving organization, you will love working with us.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Oversee all financial transactions for assigned locals affiliates, such as bank reconciliations, and oversee the accounts payables and receivables process.
- Ensure compliance with Shared Services Agreements (SSAs) with the Participating Affiliates (PAs), and with UNITE HERE International Union legal and ethical practices and standards.
- Maintain general ledger, create disbursements, record receipts and deposits, create financial files, reconcile bank statements, prepare financial reports, create reports for and provide information to auditors and accountants.
- Help Bookkeepers to resolve more complicated issues within bookkeeping and/or processes.
- Train and review work of new Bookkeepers.
- Assist with coordinating the workflow of Bookkeepers.
- Serve as a resource for bookkeeping and maintaining financial records for local affiliates.
- Attend regular meetings with local affiliate staff and other meetings as required.
- Document regular procedures and suggest and document improvements to procedures.
- documentation of procedures.
- Perform related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping and QuickBooks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to diplomatically communicate (both in writing and verbally) when there are deficiencies in the membership records and how to improve record keeping.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Dependable and accountable for meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze membership records in a systematic and logical manner, and proven experience generating reports.
- Ability to work independently and work independently within the context of a plan.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn new systems and software, adaptable and flexible.
- Good computer skills, ability to enter data accurately and efficiently, navigating multiple directories.
- Quality of work produced is excellent and follows Shared Service Center protocols.
- Minimum five to seven years' experience in bookkeeping and analysis or equivalent experience in the Shared Services Center or local union office
- Interest in the mission of UNITE HERE
Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,500 - $63,000
Benefits: UNITE HERE offers a comprehensive benefits package (valued at $46,400 for family coverage) and employees pay $ 0 in premium. Benefits include family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, retirement funds (401k and pension), and generous paid time off.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.