The QuickBooks Coordinator is responsible for working closely with department leadership in maintaining and improving the quality of financial and QuickBooks records based on the contracts, and in compliance with UNITE HERE International Union legal and ethical practices and standards. Aids in coordinating the workflow of bookkeepers. Assists developing staff through training and monitoring. Suggests and document improvements to procedures. Acts as liaison with assigned groups as required. Assists department supervisor and others in resolving more complicated issues within bookkeeping and/or processes.
At UNITE HERE, we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to support hospitality workers. Our financial and administrative teams are dedicated professionals with a strong commitment to our mission. If you are a creative problem-solver interested in learning more about non-profit and labor union financials, who can both manage routine operations and try new things in a fast-moving organization, you will love working with us. (www.unitehere.org)
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Serve as a resource for bookkeeping and maintaining financial records for assigned groups.
- Update and maintain accurate financial records, contracts, annual budgets, tax reports, and financial statements.
- Oversee all financial transactions for assigned groups, such as bank reconciliations, and oversee the accounts payables and receivables process.
- Maintain general ledger, create disbursements, record receipts and deposits, create financial files, reconcile bank statements, prepare financial reports, create reports for and provide information to auditors and accountants.
- Train and review work of Bookkeepers as assigned.
- Assist in documentation of procedures.
- Performs related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience in bookkeeping and analysis or equivalent experience
- Proven proficiency with QuickBooks including processing payroll.
- Able to articulate verbally and in writing staff and assigned groups regarding deficiencies in the membership records and the steps to improve them in a diplomatically.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Dependable and accountable for meeting deadlines
- Ability to analyze membership records in a systematic and logical manner.
- Proven experience generating membership reports.
- Ability to work independently, and work independently within the context of a plan.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn new systems and software; adaptable and flexible.
- Good mathematical and computer skills, ability to enter data accurately and efficiently, navigating multiple directories.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interest in the mission of UNITE HERE
Benefits: UNITE HERE offers a comprehensive benefits package (valued at $46,400 for family coverage) and employees pay $ 0 in premium. Benefits include family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, retirement funds (401k and pension), and generous paid time off.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.