Senior Data Organizer
Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
The Senior Data Organizer will work with our campaigners, Union leadership, and administrative staff to develop and run data systems needed to organize workers and win campaigns.
At UNITE HERE we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to organize hospitality workers and are constantly working to strengthen our technology and data programs. Our team supports contract fights, strikes, new organizing campaigns, and political campaigns. UNITE HERE is a progressive labor union, dedicated to organizing workers in the hospitality industry to lift workplace standards in hotels, casinos, airports, and cafeterias across the United States and Canada. You will be part of a team that empowers workers - primarily women and people of color - in low-wage service sector jobs to achieve better wages, benefits, dignity, and rights at work.
- Design, build, and maintain Civis data pipelines for data ingest and reporting using clean, replicable and scalable Python and SQL code.
- Manage the data pipelines roadmap, balancing multiple priorities by working with staff throughout the Union; make design decisions that give staff and members the power to use data themselves.
- Explain data and technical challenges to non-technical staff, and use data and reports to help Locals organize.
- Work with & develop other department staff to design and build reports and pipelines.
- Support leadership and campaign data needs either in the field or remotely.
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Dedication to social and economic justice and to building a strong labor movement
- A proven ability to design and build data pipelines
- Experience creating data models, building ETL pipelines and integrating with APIs using Python and SQL, to create quality data for analysis and reporting
- Clear examples of developing well-documented, testable code and best practices for data integrity
- Demonstrated peer leadership and proven ability to move work and people forward with urgency in the face of challenges
- Experience leading collaborative projects
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Good presentation skills and demonstrated ability to teach others
- Spanish language skills a plus
Possible Locations: Baltimore, MD, New Haven, CT, New York, NY, Oakland, CA, Seattle, WA
We currently work a hybrid schedule: some days working in our local union offices, and some remote from home. You must be willing to work from the local union office near you on a regular basis.
Travel: roughly once per month; must have ability to travel for occasional longer time commitments to do campaign work (where you have the experience to get grounded in our field work!)
Salary Commensurate with experience:
- NYC $58,500-$65,000
- CA $62,400
- All other locations $53,000-$65,000
Benefits: UNITE HERE offers a comprehensive benefits package (valued at $46,400 for family coverage) and employee pays 0$ in premium. Benefits include family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, retirement funds (401k and defined benefit pension), and generous paid time off.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.