Membership Records Processor
The Membership Records Processor will maintain membership database of workers and run test reports to assess quality of the records.
At UNITE HERE, we engage in ambitious and innovative projects to support hospitality workers. Our financial and administrative teams based in New York are dedicated professionals with a strong commitment to our mission. If you are a creative problem-solver interested in learning more about non-profit and labor union financials, who can both manage routine operations and try new things in a fast-moving organization, you will love working with us. (www.unitehere.org)
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Review backup and payment documentation from a variety of sources.
- Post dues and other payments. Prepare supporting documentation for processing.
- Report problems such as incorrect billed and deduction amounts and permit/membership issues.
- Process membership authorization cards.
- Identify and use documents from a variety of sources to maintain and update membership, employment, and demographic information; Keep track of sources of information and how to access and/or contact those sources.
- Prepare various membership reports i.e., suspension and per capita reports.
- Compose emails summarizing record issues; Keep track of follow up on such issues.
- Prepare Compliance Reports. Correct issues identified by Compliance Reports.
- Generate necessary membership reports required for billing, posting and files.
- Maintain a workflow calendar.
- Complete multiple responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn new systems and software. Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic and logical manner
- Good keyboarding, ability to enter data accurately and efficiently
- Meticulous in work habits
- Good mathematical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits: UNITE HERE offers a comprehensive benefits package (valued at $46,400 for family coverage) and employees pay $ 0 in premium. Benefits include family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, retirement funds (401k and pension), and generous paid time off.
Salary: $51,000 - $52,000
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.