Boycott Volunteer Organizer
Boycotts are a critical piece of our comprehensive campaigns in the hotel, casino and food service industries. We want to train passionate, committed people who want to learn how to develop and run boycott campaigns. Boycott Volunteers learn from union members and staff how to develop sophisticated boycott campaigns. These campaigns are designed to move business out of boycotted hotels, casinos and food service facilities and involve creative outreach strategies, research and street actions. This is a training program and an unpaid position.
- Available for training program for 2-3 months;
- Passion for low-wage and other worker struggles;
- Personal confidence and ability to deal with conflict;
- Ability to work well with others in a diverse team environment;
- Fluency in English speaking and writing;
- Basic computer skills (internet search tools, databases, Word and Excel)
Training includes learning about:
- Researching hotel, casino and food service corporations and their clients;
- Team based development and execution of creative strategies designed to divert and move business;
- Building relationships with other community, labor and political allies to help support boycott campaigns;
- Development and execution of rallies, protests, street actions and leaflets.
If you are interested (and to find out if this training opportunity is available in your preferred location), send an email to: email@example.com. In your email, be sure to tell us about any activist experience, and why you want to learn how to fight for economic justice for low wage workers! Please also attach your resume.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression.