Senior PC Tech Support Specialist
Senior PC Technical Support Specialist
Department or Director(s): Information Technology
Location: 275 Seventh Avenue – 11th Floor
Bargaining Unit: UUHS
Level: Senior Professional
Reports to: Deputy Director, I.T.
Under the general direction of the Director and/or the Deputy Director, I.T., the Senior PC Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing end user support for all computers, peripherals and software used by an end user.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Ability to work independently on the resolution of all hardware and software end user problems.
• Maintains knowledge of developing technology advancements and evaluates potential internal uses.
• Suggest standards for desktops, laptops etc. that allows the best support options.
• Maintains video conferencing equipment, troubleshooting all discrepancies.
• Maintain a list of standard software installed on new/rebuilt computers.
• Build/re-build new and reassigned computers/laptops for end users utilizing the Symantec Ghost imaging system as often as practical.
• Maintain a library of all software (with activation codes) used to build an end user computer. There should be a physical library of media when media is available. In addition, there should be a copy of all software installation files and activation codes stored on a server.
• Maintain a list of IT hardware that is available for redeployment. At a minimum, the list should include computers, printers and scanners.
• Maintain a library of “Ghosted” images for all computer models owned by Unite Here. The images should be periodically updated to include program updates from software manufacturers.
• Maintain a library of “Ghosted” images for computers returned to Unite Here for re-deployment.
• Maintain all reported computer problems in the Unite Here help desk system. A detailed description of the resolution should be entered into the help desk ticket.
• Setup Email accounts for users as authorized by division/department directors. Reset email passwords for users.
• Report Network issues that you become aware of to a Network Administrator using email and the help desk system. As necessary, assist in resolutions.
• Manage the daily process of backing up servers, including changing tapes, resolving tape device problems and creating/reviewing backup sets.
• Verifying that backups work by deleting an insignificant or test file and restoring it from a recent backup.
• Report network issues that you discover to a Network Administrator.
• Make recommendations to the department director or deputy director for software and tools required to perform your job effectively.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time by the IT Director or Deputy Director.
• Education or equivalent experience: CompTIA™ A+ certification or equivalent, or equivalent work experience servicing end user computer needs in a high-pressured office environment.
• Specialized knowledge or skills: Knowledge PC hardware, printers, scanners and PC software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Help Desk software and virus/malware removal tools.
• Additional qualifications: Interested in improving productivity with computers; excellent hardware and software troubleshooting, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please send your resume with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.