Location: Washington DC Office, 1775 K Street NW
Bargaining Unit: OPEIU 153
Reports to: Carmen Carrera
Provide admin support to Administrative Director in the Washington, DC office as well as the administrative staff of the International Union. Responsibilities include: maintaining databases, coordinating travel for Union staff, processing invoices, staff expenses, general clerical support and performing the day-to-day duties of the Secretary-Treasurer’s Office.
Attention to detail is a must as candidate will deal with multiple department accounting codes. Candidate should have experience working with Word, Excel, Outlook and be willing to learn new computer programs. Familiarity with Concur a plus.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Performing daily administrative functions, including answering incoming calls, handling incoming/outgoing mail, filing, typing, faxing, copying and arranging meetings and appointments.
• Coordinating travel and lodging for International Union staff and other approved travelers as directed. Work with UNITE HERE affiliates and allies to arrange authorized travel and lodging as needed.
• Tracking paid time off for staff and working with Human Resources to reconcile PTO records.
• Reviewing staff expenses for policy compliance and accurate accounting and processing for reimbursement.
• Entering heavy volume of invoices in Concur, paying extra attention to detail regarding coding.
• Communicating effectively with UNITE HERE affiliates and staff.
• Preparing correspondence and memos
• Creating and maintaining databases and reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access).
• Good communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently.
• Previous experience in a labor union or other non-profit a plus.
• Spanish is a plus.
Please send your resume and the name of the job in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.