Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
Department or Director(s): Finance
Location: General Office
Bargaining Unit: OPEIU- Local 153
Reports to: Supervisor
Salary: $40,360 for 35/hrs a week (working over 7 hours a day will be paid as overtime)
Benefits: Excellent benefits most of which are free including a pension plan, as well as a generous PTO plan.
Bookkeeper is responsible for basic financial record keeping and analysis in accordance with accounting regulations and policies of the International Union.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Work with any or all the following: cash receipts and disbursements, general ledger, allocations and distributions, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll activities.
• Responsible for data entries, account analysis, preparation of schedules, and bank reconciliation.
• Adheres to reporting requirements and deadlines.
• Generate monthly, quarterly or annual reports as needed.
• Engage Leadership regarding any cash receipts and disbursements, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll activities or issues.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains financial data security by following internal controls, policies and procedures
• Performs other job responsibilities and projects as assigned.
• College Degree required, Accounting Degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially with Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Proficient in Sage MIP.
• Have good knowledge working with other accounting programs.
• Good communication skills.
• Bilingual (Spanish / English) preferred.
Please send your resume including the job title in the your email to email@example.com
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.