Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
Location: NYC - UNITE HERE International Union Office
Bargaining Unit: OPEIU- Local 153
Hours: 35 hours per week
Reports to: Administration Director
Operates switchboard, takes messages and greet visitors/members visiting the UNITE HERE IU offices. In addition, you will be required to carry out administrative duties.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Answer incoming calls on switchboard and direct calls to requested extensions or appropriate personnel within UNITE HERE International Union Offices and outside affiliate locations.
• Maintain familiarity with the functions of each department and affiliates in order to use good judgment when routing calls.
• Maintain up-to-date list of staff and extensions.
• Greet and direct visitors/members.
• Process daily vouchers/invoices in Concur
• Perform administrative duties.
• Order supplies for all departments and some other offices.
• Schedule meeting rooms and/or order catering service.
• Maintain weekly calendar of meetings.
• Reserve hotel rooms for staff coming to NYC.
• Assist the Mailroom with mailings, etc.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• High-school diploma or equivalent combination of work and experience
• Switchboard and/or receptionist experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills, including clear speaking voice. Must speak English fluently.
• Bilingual Spanish – English required.
• Great interpersonal skills to deal effectively with visitors/members in person or on the telephone.
• Knowledge of Concur, UPS and Office Depot databases a plus.
Salary is $32,760/yr or $18/hr working 35 hours a week. Excellent benefits package including but not limited to free medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy insurance and pension plan.
Please email your resume and add the job title on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.