Confidential Administrative Assistant
Department or Director(s): Strategic Support & Applications Outreach and Training
Location: 425 College St, New Haven, CT
Reports to: Director of Strategic Support Services
This position provides administrative support to the Director of Strategic Support Services and to the Directors of the Application, Outreach and Training Department. The duties include clerical, logistical, budget, routine and non-routine support.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Manages and tracks invoices to be approved. Assures proper coding
• Review budget reports for accuracy.
• Provides document management support. Works with Directors to ensure the completeness of files, the elimination of unnecessary files. Responsible to managing version control of key files. Prepares and maintains files of record.
• Updates and manages departmental calendars, including such calendars as travel, outreach, key meeting and PTO calendars.
• Provides logistical support to set up meetings, including video conferences and large off-site gatherings. This will include invitations and RSVPs, meal planning, attendance tracking and logistical support during meetings.
• Prepares and updates spreadsheets using advanced Excel skills.
• Creates Power Point presentations.
• Provides departmental orientation on administrative protocols.
• Identifies resources needed for each project.
• Performs routine correspondence about administrative issues with other IU and Local Staff as directed.
• Edits documents and emails.
• Submits expenses
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Five years proven experience in administration.
• Possess strong administrative, organizational and communication skills.
• Excellent written, customer service, Excel, and Power Point skills.
• Ability to form a connection with union mission essential.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Ability to travel to the US and Canada as needed.
• Possess a driver’s license.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.