UNITE HERE is seeking a Data Organizer to work closely with union organizers and members within a local union on data management and analysis that will strengthen organizing campaigns. Train local staff on data management and analysis. Work with lead data organizer and other data organizers across the country to share skills and tactics.
The Data Organizer will be based with UNITE HERE Local 26 which represents over 10,000 hospitality workers in Boston and Rhode Island. Our members cook, clean and serve guests at many of the finest hotels, casinos, schools, universities, stadiums, and convention centers in New England. (www.local26.org)
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Design and produce reports on organizing status, such as number of members contacted;
- Compile disparate data sets into meaningful forms such Pivot Tables or integrated lists;
- Work to systematize processes that improve data quality;
- Train local union staff on use of database software;
- Assess software needs and set goals for planned software transition;
- Assist local union in any other activities to support organizing campaigns as needed.
- Either two years of developing worker leaders in a union campaign setting or two years of campaign-based data work
- Skilled in building relationships and working with others to achieve goals
- Ability to develop and proof training materials
- Experience leading collaborative projects
- Must possess the ability to work independently and multi-task
- Must possess good presentation skills and demonstrated ability to teach others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; at least basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and willingness to learn more
- Experience with CRM databases preferred
- Dedication to social and economic justice and to building a strong labor movement
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours during times of critical campaign need
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Driver’s license and willingness to drive
- Bi-lingual Spanish / English preferred
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression.