Organizer - New England Joint Board
Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
The New England Joint Board, UNITE HERE, located at 33 Harrison Ave in Boston, is the affiliate of UNITE HERE in the six New England states and New York, representing workers in the manufacturing, warehousing, laundry, food service, disability service, textile, and garment industries. Included in our membership are workers from UNITE HERE predecessor unions ILGWU, ACTWU and UNITE as well as members originally organized under the UNITE HERE banner. We are a bold progressive union at the forefront of the movement for economic and social justice. Women and immigrants make up a majority of our membership.
Responsibilities: The Organizer is primarily responsible for bringing new workers into the union. The Organizer will work on a team of organizers on several underground organizing campaigns. The Organizer will identify and recruit worker leaders who want to organize to join the union. They evaluate potential organizing targets, contact unorganized workers, develop leaders; mobilize members to support external organizing; plan and conduct organizing campaigns. The Organizer will report to the Staff Director.
Qualifications: The New England Joint Board is interested in developing future leaders of the labor movement. Applicants demonstrating a strong willingness to learn and grow are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice;
- Ability to motivate and inspire others;
- Ability to communicate respectfully and comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to handle physically and mentally demanding assignments;
- Thorough attention to details;
- Ability to multitask, work efficiently, be well organized and reliable;
- Willingness to work long hours, often on short (or immediate) notice;
- Resourcefulness and talent for problem-solving;
- Ability to learn quickly and grow into positions of greater responsibility;
- Persistence and determination;
- Loyal to the organization with a sense of integrity;
- Good judgment.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com
The New England Joint Board is an equal opportunity employer.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression.