Membership Records Processor
Department or Director(s): Shared Services Center
Bargaining Unit: OPEIU - Local 153
Reports to: Supervisor
Under limited supervision, maintains a database of workers in bargaining units represented by Participating Affiliates (PA’s), including membership, employment, and demographic information according to both the unique practices of each PA and the unique Shared Services Agreements (SSAs) between UNITE HERE and each PA. Follows through with PA’s and employers on record issues. Runs test reports to assess the quality of the records. Creates dues and membership files for PA’s.
Benefits & Salary:
Free benefits which include free health, dental, pharmacy, and vision to you and your immediate family. Also, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid personal and eight sick days (prorated at first). Furthermore, an employer-paid pension plan (15.5% employer contribution/match of your salary) along with a 401k plan, free life insurance (3x your annual salary), AD&D, Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, pre-tax transit discount plan, and eleven paid holidays. All this comes included when you join the OPEIU Local 153 union and work for UNITE HERE.
The salary is $40,360 working 35 hours a week. Any time over 7 hours a day will be considered overtime.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
• Review backup and payment documentation from a variety of sources, including multiple PA and employer FTP sites. Keep track of sources of information and how to access and/or contact those sources.
• Track receipt of backup and payment documentation and organize accordingly. Track posting status. Report missing information to Sr. Membership Records Processor or Lead.
• Post dues and other payments. Prepare supporting documentation for processing.
• Report problems such as incorrect billed and deduction amounts and permit/membership issues to Locals and Lead.
• Identify and use documents from a variety of sources to maintain and update membership, employment, and demographic information according to the practices of the participating affiliate and the established roles and responsibilities.
• Track, run and reverse Permit Per Capita Catchup Batches to ensure per capita is paid on permit fees.
• Prepare per capita reports.
• Communicate with Locals about routine matters using email templates and composing original emails.
• Compose emails summarizing record issues for Locals and Leads. Keep track of follow up on such issues.
• Prepare Compliance Reports. Correct issues identified by Compliance Reports.
• Maintain a workflow calendar. Modify the calendar to adjust for workflow issues. To the extent possible, customize the calendar to meet the needs of individual Locals.
• Maintain Batch Distribution Chart. Resolve discrepancies between deposits and batches.
• Maintain electronic files according to SSC protocol.
• Complete multiple responsibilities on a daily basis.
• Generate necessary Membership Management System reports required for billing, posting, and files.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to learn new systems and software. Must be adaptable and flexible.
• Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic and logical manner
• Good keyboarding, ability to enter data accurately and efficiently
• Meticulous in work habits
• Good mathematical skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Must work well with others
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the JOB TITLE on the subject line.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.