Field Representative/Organizer - Local 2
An immediate opening is available for an experienced Field Representative/Organizer position, working under the supervision of the Hotel Division Director. UNITE HERE Local 2 is a progressive labor organization. We represent over 12,000 workers who work at hotels, restaurants and clubs in San Francisco and San Mateo counties. Our goal and commitment is to develop leadership among the rank and file members, organize the unorganized and to build a strong union based on membership involvement and participation. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to working for social justice by building a strong labor movement. The position entails irregular hours including work in the evenings and weekends.
- Represent members in grievance procedures.
- Mobilize members to participate in picket lines, rallies and demonstrations.
- Work with union shop steward and leaders to defend the union contract and carry out the union's city-wide program.
- Identify and develop leadership among the rank and file members.
- Conduct union committee meetings.
- Experience as a union representative and/or organizer preferred.
- Willing to work long hours and weekends, as needed.
- Commitment to rank and file leadership development.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse, multi-cultural membership.
- Ability to speak one of the following languages preferred: Cantonese, Spanish, and Tagalong.
- Commitment to organize the unorganized.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary. Excellent benefit package, including Health and Dental Insurance, Pension, Legal Assistance and Car Insurance allowance for business use.
UNITE HERE Local 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All persons regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation and sexual orientation are actively encouraged to apply. People of color and women strongly urged to apply.
TO APPLY, submit letter of interest and resume to:
UNITE HERE Local 2, Attn: Matthew Stewart 209 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102
email@example.com or via fax (415) 864-4158
For questions, contact Matthew at (415) 864-8770 ext. 731
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression.