Warning messageThis position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest in working with UNITE HERE.
Location: 275 Seventh Avenue
Bargaining Unit: Non-Unit
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Manages bi-weekly payroll preparation/processing for both U.S. and Canadian employees. Responsible for the efficient functioning of the Payroll unit. Establish procedures and protocols to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, provincial, local laws and regulations.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll.
• Ensures compliance with new tax jurisdiction, multi-state and provincial tax requirements.
• Performs a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll taxes and deductions.
• Reviews work of Payroll Assistant and provide appropriate training and guidance on payroll procedures and technical issues.
• Ensures compliance with tax levies and garnishments.
• Prepares worker’s compensation reporting requirements, domestic partnership, pension audits, 401K Plan non-discrimination testing and other payroll related audits.
• Performs periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare reports for internal and external reporting.
• Reviews Form W-4s, W2s, T-4s. Conducts quarterly and year-end 941s reconciliation.
• Reviews automated system output such as payroll registers and standard reports, determine and correct out-of-balance conditions and ensure accuracy of staff distribution codes.
• Maintain a functional payroll calendar to monitor routine tasks, special projects and deadlines.
• Prepares bi-weekly payroll analysis. Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional payroll associations. Makes recommendation on potential changes impacting the Organization.
• Performs related duties as required.
• 10-year experience in Payroll Processing with 5-year Supervisory function.
• College degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
• Extensive training and education in Payroll functions and management.
• Extensive technical and practical knowledge of Payroll processing and reporting and payroll, taxes at the federal, state and local levels.
• Extensive knowledge of worker’s compensation reporting requirements, domestic partnership, pension audits and 401K Plan non-discrimination testing.
• Experience in ADP Workforce Now payroll system required.
• Integration of traditional paper based processes into paperless environment and digital workflow technology.
• ADP Certified Payroll Specialist preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to interface with all levels in the Organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adhere to deadlines.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with the job title on the subject line.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.